EXCLUSIVE — Tiger Woods’ Ex Elin Nordegren: I Need $2.5 Million!

Elin Nordegren's house

Elin Nordegren just took out a $2.5 million-loan on this North Palm Beach home (Zillow photo)

NORTH PALM BEACH — Cash flow problems?

Elin Nordegren

Elin Nordegren (Splash News photo)

Elin Nordegren, the former nanny who won one of Florida’s richest divorce settlements when she sent cheating golf champ Tiger Woods on his way in 2010, just took out a $2.5 million-loan, according to Palm Beach County records.

That won’t sit well with Jupiter Island resident Woods, who historically made a point never to take out loans — even when he spent more than $20 million on his Jupiter Island home.

It’s yet another Gossip Extra exclusive: Woods’ former nanny of an ex-wife broke the family tradition shortly before Christmas when she signed a $2.5 million mortgage from SunTrust Bank — despite the $100 million-plus she settled for when she and Woods were divorced.

No one’s talking about the new mortgage, and Nordegren’s lawyer has yet to reply to a request for comment. But records show Nordegren offered up one of her two properties in North Palm Beach’s Seminole Landing neighborhood as collateral.

Nordegren, 34, bought adjacent properties in the ocean side community for a total $25 million.

The mortgage is on 12395 Banyan Road, which Nordegren bought through an LLC in April for $4.25 million.

Comments

1. Harris says

I hope to god she loses everything – a past nanny doesn’t deserve what she has ‘achieved’

2. Amy says

If you have $100 million doesn’t really make sense to take out a $2.5 million dollar loan. Unless there are some major cash flow issues. Sounds like that monster house she is building is bleeding $$$. When is that house due to be completed??? Why not just live in the beautiful $4.25 million home you own outright, invest well, call it a day and hit the beach.

• Amy says

Why call me stupid? She bought a house outright for $4.25 million. It’s been taking quite awhile for the giant home to be completed. It’s an observation that maybe she is having some cash flow issues. Maybe not. Who knows… I didn’t write the article. I guarantee you the $100 million is not all liquid. Rich boyfriend may not be willing to finance her endeavors.

3. Bob says

Correct me if I am wrong but I don’t think she got all the money up front from the divorce. Tiger took out a mortgage on his house to pay her out over x amount of years. Jose I think you covered this before? With the new house, the existing house and the place in Sweden she is probably in 40 mil deep right now?

4. Gail says

If I were Tiger, I wouldn’t give Elin not one red cent. She got a cool $100 million in settlement, use that. Don’t be stupid Tiger, keep your money….!!!!!!

5. Carmen says

Maybe, Elin wants the loan to remodel this house and put it on the market after she moves into the house under construction, which should be ready soon!!! Why use your money when you can use someone else’s???? It is true, Tiger is paying the divorce settlement in installments!!!

6. terry c says

I WAS LOOKING AT A PHOTO OF TIGER WOODS WIFE THAT HE HAS NOW AND ELIN LOOK WAY TIMES BETTER THAN HER DAM TIGER HAD A FINE SEXY BEATIFUL WIFE LUCKY MF……………..NOW CAN YOU DIGG THAT………………………..LOL……………….

7. debb says

Often homeowners will maximize their mortgages prior to selling. That way, a buyer can “assume” the existing mortgage at a favourable rate rather than apply for a new mortgage at a higher rate and lots of conditions.

8. katy says

If she have a mortages, in that way she gets a tax credit for paying interest. If it is so, It is a really smart move, if you ask me!

9. Mike says

So what else is going on down there? Do you know if Elin and Lindsey have formally met each other?