The son of The Real Housewives of Miami star Alexia Echevarria, who outraged the nation when a video of him abusing of a homeless man who was sound asleep ended up on Facebook, will likely NOT serve time in jail.
And he can thank his victim for that!
Gossip Extra has learned that 20-year-old Peter Rosello, an occasional guest on the Bravo series and a runway model, entered a pre-trial diversion program last month as he faced a felony battery conviction.
If he completes the six-month program designed to keep first-time offenders out of the system, his case will be dismissed and record sealed, said Miami-Dade County State Attorney Spokesman Ed Griffith.
Among the program’s conditions, Rosello must: write a letter of apology to the man he hit in the groin as he slept peacefully Oct. 3 on a South Beach street; perform 100 hours of community service in a homeless shelter; contribute $1,000 to the victims assistance fund; complete a class on social values; and pay the yet-to-be-determined investigative costs.
Griffith said the deal was reached with the agreement of the victim, 62-year-old hobo Gary Lee Brown.
“The resolution was reached after consultation with the victim in this case,” Griffith said.
Rosello is the stepson of politically-connected lobbyist Herman Echevarria, but Griffith says the suspect did not benefit from special treatment.
“He (Rosello) was eligible for the diversion program as a first-time offender,” Griffith said. “This is the typical resolution that our office proposes.”
Said Richard Sharpstein, Rosello’s attorney: “He’s young, and he made a foolish mistake. He’s going to pay for it in kind.”
Once they were made aware of the video of what Rosello called a “nut-checking” appeared on the web, Miami Beach Police interviewed dozens of homeless people until their tracked down Brown to interview him about the incident.
Check out Jose Lambiet’s column Sundays and Thursdays, only in the Miami Herald
June 13 at 10 : 14 AM 0
June 12 at 17 : 51 PM 0
June 12 at 15 : 02 PM 1
June 12 at 12 : 48 PM 4