Broward Firefighter Canned Over Obama TP

Obama TP

A Pompano Beach firefighter was fired today for bringing Obama toilet paper to his station house! (Special to Gossip Extra)

A Pompano Beach firefighter was canned hours ago for bringing toilet paper with President Barack Obama‘s face on it to his fire house a week before the election!

It’s another Gossip Extra exclusive: A source at Pompano Beach Fire Rescue who asked to remain anonymous because the disciplinary action hasn’t been made public identified the Mitt Romney-supporting smoke eater as Clint Pierce.

He was a 20-year veteran assigned to Station 103.

Pierce fought for his job in a hearing hearing this morning but city officials still opted to can him.

“He was accused of aggravated insubordination,” the source said. “That’s serious.”

For South Florida’s best gossip in your inbox, click to register for the daily alerts

Pierce fessed up to bringing the TP, which sells for $5 online, after city fathers launched an investigation.

Boca resident Pierce earned his paramedic’s license in 1995, according to records.

He’s also known to wear his conservative politics on his sleeve. In 2010, Pierce’s email to Fox News’ The O’Reilly Factor was highlighted on the show. His comment: “As an emergency care provider, I can tell you that illegal aliens are crushing the EMS system. The abuse of the 911 system is insane.”

Earlier in October, another firefighter at the station was ordered to remove anti-Obama stickers from his locker!

Pompano Beach is a not-so-wealthy suburb of Fort Lauderdale in which Obama won overwhelmingly Nov. 6.

Comments

1. Corruption still alive says

This is a shame! These democrats are thin skinned. ORDERED to remove ANTI Obama stickers from their locker. Is the whole country ordered to love him? I hope he sues, if I am on the jury he will win big.

• Toni says

I voted and support President Obama – but this is stupid. Guy should have been given a warning about what his agency considered inappropriate in the work place, and given a warning. End of story. Of course what is even sadder is this public employee votes against his own best interest. Right Romney was going to improve his life in some way – not. If the fireman is covered under the Florida Retirement System he can already thank the Republican governor for taking 3% out of his paycheck. And when this session in Tallahassee opens up the Republicans will once again go after Florida Retirement System employees.

2. Brandt Hardin says

The racism of yesteryear has come full circle in our county. The entire world embraced our choice of a black President four years ago and most nations of the world still support him. The fringe elements of Republican sect have crept through into the mainstream once again with conservative mouthpieces planting the seeds of hate. The only doubt lies here at home rooting from bigotry. Watch the white hands paint Obama in Blackface at http://dregstudiosart.blogspot.com/2012/10/bamboozling-obama.html

3. Carol says

While I don’t think he should have been fired, a reprimand would have been sufficient. I’m not even against his being “outted.” What a shameful way to end a career! He doesn’t even see how rude and disgusting the toilet paper is. I don’t ever recall seeing anything as nasty against Pres. Bush as I do over Pres. Obama. “Corruption” doesn’t ‘get’ it! This is Racism pure and simple.

• Funny As Hell says

nope, sorry not a racist and not a women hater….I hate Whites and blacks equally…hate Romney just as much….I am in the Army and love my fellow black comrads and we joke like this to each other all the time….they call me cracker and I take it with a smile….once we can openly joke with eeach other – outside the military- and mark punn at each other it would be a better place….but always have biiaatches who complain….Like “In Living Color” back in the day. We used to be able to openly crack on each other….whithout some idiot saying its racist….And as far as being conservative- sorryagain- I voted for Obama last time- this time I didnt vote for anyone- as i think that Romney is just as Rotten….

4. Funny As Hell says

Well at least if anyone wipes thier butt whith the Obama Toilot Paper they won’t see much of a difference- but White Teeth!!!!!! GAHAHAAHAHa

5. Howie Frank says

Whats wrong with bringing your own toilet paper to work. How many people enjoyed a
    good wipe. They should all be docked for the time in the toilet.
    Who made the complaint? Your paper may think about putting stories on toilet paper.
    I would subscribe to one rool per day.

6. Michele Abreu says

What I find most offensive is the phrase “African American President”. I thought he was the President of the U.S. Were all the others referred to as “Caucasian American Presidents”?No, because to do so would imply racial connotation. For as long as I can remember people have voiced opinions about our presidents.

I don’t believe it is correct but nonetheless people have ALWAYS made fun of presidents. They’ve made jokes, laughed at them,and yet, I’ve never heard anything come of it. Yet, this is the second time I’ve heard someone has been fired for it.

I, like most minorities, believe in total equality but that means we have to toughen up. When ALL the other former presidents were ridiculed and criticized for their decisions, none of them believed it was because they were WHITE. Whether it is right or wrong, the first amendment protects ones right to say what on ones mind. The truth was, they were doing a lousy job. So why must one withhold ones opinion for fear someone will be offended because of the color of their skin. That would be hypocritical , and certainly not the equality we are SCREAMING to see.

It was VERY WRONG AND UNJUST to fire that firefighter for what he did. Was it in poor taste? Perhaps. Was it the first time anyone has ever done it to a political figure? NO!!! A suspension would have sufficed.

Some people are going to have to put on their big boy pants and get over it. I don’t know if the people involved in this decision were white or black ;but either way, GROW UP AND QUIT FEEDING THE RACIAL DIVISION THAT HAS BEEN GROWING FOR THE LAST FEW YEARS!!!