Abortion: Halloween Gross Out in South Florida!

Randall Terry

U.S. Congress hopeful Randall Terry (Special to Gossip Extra)

Hundreds of outraged South Florida TV viewers have called or emailed network affiliates to complain about anti-abortion ads that have flooded the airwaves this week.

The ads, paid for by U.S. Congress hopeful and anti-abortion rabble-rouser Randall Terry, show scenes better suited for the grossest Halloween horror movies. They have aired in the middle of the night in most cases, but also at familiy-dinner time.

The images in four promos include what appear to be mangled human fetuses, tiny body parts and even a lifeless infant stuffed in a bloody plastic bucket.

Click here to see the full Terry ads schedule on South Florida TV

The ads are more against President Barack Obama, deemed a baby-killer in one, than to promote Terry’s candidacy. He is running as an independent for U. S. Rep. Alcee Hastings‘ seat in Broward and Miami-Dade counties.

One of the videos features a woman having a sweaty nightmare about an abortion. She wakes up suddenly and says: “I can’t vote for Obama again!”

Those who vote for Obama or Hastings, Terry then says, will have “innocent blood” on their hands.

Click below to view the ad. WARNING: EXTREMELY GRAPHIC CONTENT!

With complaints from viewers coming fast and furious, TV managers say they’re legally forced to run Terry’s stuff.

“It’s a political ad from a legitimate candidate,” says longtime TV sales boss David Radliff, who recently left WSVN-Channel 7 for WDFS-Channel 33.

For more of SoFla’s best media gossip in your inbox, click to register for the alerts

“I know he paid about $5,000 for WSVN to run that stuff overnight. I had to watch it to approve and it was tough. However, if we refuse to run his ads, he’ll sue! He’s probably hoping for someone to refuse.”

Radliff said it’s obvious Terry has little money to spend on the TV campaign but enough to spread the ads throughout the dial. Terry also managed to buy time in Sunday night’s Saints-Broncos NFL game and Saturday’s Georgia-Florida college game.

In West Palm Beach and along the Treasure Coast, WPEC-Channel 12 outraged viewers when it ran one of Terry’s ads during the 5 p.m. newscast Thursday and Friday.

Managers at the lowly-rated CBS affiliate ignored Gossip Extra‘s calls for comment but one of the station’s reporters said several hundred viewers complained and newsroom staff is grumbling about the ads!

“Something went wrong here,” the reporter said, asking to remain anonymous from fear of retaliation. “(Station officials) are supposed to review every political ad. They could have stuck it at 3 a.m.”

Readers posted comments on CBS12′s Facebook page, including this one: “I just saw an ad for Randall Terry and I can’t believe that you think it is ok to take the money and run this ad at this hour of the day or any other hour of the day. Small children are in homes that watch the news while their parents prepare meals and you show a hacked up fetus. How dare you! I am so beyond offended that I don’t even know what to do or say.”

Republican media buyer Alex Patton, whose job it is to buy air time for GOP candidates in Florida, said Terry follows the pattern of the outgunned candidate trying to run the most shocking footage to create a buzz.

“He’s getting 10 times the return on his TV investment from folks just talking about it,” Patton said.

Terry, who unsuccessfully tried to buy airtime for an ad during the Super Bowl, didn’t respond to an email requesting his comment.

Terry has made his mark on the abortion issue over the years. He’s been credited for the usage of plastic babies and fetus imagery in abortion clinic protests. He became a household name in Florida in 2003 during the Terry Schiavo right-to-die debate.

Comments

1. Eileen P says

Such outrage over mere pictures of a more outrageous actual event, abortion. Do the detractors think that abortion is pretty??! Those pictures are what actually takes place. I’d like to see such outrage channeled to opposing the actual horrible event of abortion.

• catlike power says

Well I guess showing footage of an actual rape, incest, or a mother being forced to choose between her current children being motherless or the child she is carrying. If your going to judge then judge the whole situation, not just the choice that was easy to side with

2. Toni says

All of the TV networks are nothing more than greedy corportions willing to take anyone’s money and run these miserable lying ads over and over and over. Enough is enough – the Supreme Court justices should be put in a room and required to sit and watch all of these ads from the beginning of the election season until the election is over. These idiots Supreme Court justices in Washington are the ones responsibile for this garbage being dumped in out living rooms – and the networks are just whores for money.

3. bewilderedfan says

Hey, if you are pro-choice than what’s the fuss?? It is what it is! “Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain’t going away.” – Elvis Presley.
    I personally think it’s evil, but that’s my opinion. Why some think it’s so wrong to kill a convicted murderer, yet it’s fine to kill an innocent unborn child, I don’t get it, but we are all different. I believe most would agree that many shouldn’t even have children, so if we fix them then there wouldn’t be this arguement/issue as they wouldn’t be able to get pregnant. That would solve it for most everybody! Oohhh the bliss when we can all come together and agree on something!

4. Mark says

As an independent, and this year reluctant, voter – he definitely helped me make my decision. I will be voting against him and anyone he supports. Besides the imagery, the baseless lies in the ads make me positive that there is a special place in hell for him.

5. Richard Firth says

I fully support Randall Terry’s efforts in abolishing this holocost, called abortion. That partial birth procedure in abortion where the baby is forced out of the mother’s womb head first so a doctor can then pierce its skull and then suck the baby’s brain out is as evil as anything Nazi Germany did during its reign of the Third Reich.

He exemplies the definition of a true martyr to the faith, something few of us today achieve.

Abortion is not only an act of first degree murder it is also an ABOMINATION before God like fornication, homosexuality, divorce and adultery. And because of this and other such acts God is reigning down His judgment in the form of more and more violent weather, a classic example of which is Hurricane Sandy.

Let us who call ourselves truly Christian rise up and follow the lead of this great man of the Church and stomp out this sinister act from our land. Even though I no longer say God Bless American, I can say with all my heart, GOD BLESS RANDALL TERRY!

6. Tymze says

If what Mr. Terry is running is a lie, then it shouldn’t be aired, but if it is the truth and people think it is terrible, then shouldn’t they be against the procedure? Why protest the truth?

7. Gina says

Eileen P. I could not of said it BETTER myself. I think Randall Terry has courage to actually show the truth at what we are allowing to happen to human life. Gina