WSVN’s Julie Durda: Forget December, I’m Leaving Now!

Miami’s WSVN-Channel 7 morning weather babe Julie Durda‘s not leaving in December, as the station first announced to its employees.

Julie Durda leaves Channel 7

And just like that, WSVN-Channel 7 morning weather babe is gone! (Special to Gossip Extra)

She’s going, like, Friday — and she told her viewers on the air this morning!

Why’s Durda doing her best impersonation of a toupee in a hurricane after five years?

The official line from the if-it-bleeds-it-leads Fox affiliate’s publicist Lily Pardo: “Julie recently got married and asked us if she could take a break and leave early to start her honeymoon, and we wanted to accommodate her.”

Don’t be bashful: Click for more photos of Durda

An insider, however, paints a different picture. Station officials wanted to see Durda — one of the stars of the area’s top-rated morning show – gone quickly!

The former model has made it known to them she believes she can make more money elsewhere and wants national exposure, which she can’t get at Channel 7.

“Her contract is up in December,” said the source, who asked to remain anonymous. “There must have been so much bad blood during the contract negotiations that they told her to leave now.”

For more of South Florida’s best media gossip, click to register for the Gossip Extra alerts

Durda didn’t comment, but her new husband thanked the station for allowing her to go.

“Julie was looking to start her new endeavor as soon as she could, and WSVN was kind enough to end the contract Friday,” said David Radliff, Durda’s hubby and a sales executive at the station.

Gossip Extra hears Durda, a former San Francisco 49ers cheerleader famous as much for her tight outfits as for her forecasting, is expected to pop in another local TV gig that doesn’t involve weather once her no-compete clause is up in six months.

Comments

1. Aubey Laufer says

Dear Julie
    We will miss your smile every morning.
    We get up every morning to to watch your weather reports.
    It,s not going to be the same with out you at WSVN Channel 7.

Please reply please Julie.

• tony griffin says

it really won’t be the same because everymorning i tune in to channel seven(7) and i was wondering wat happen to my favorite weather girl. A vote was held months ago and she was voted as our girl (Freeport Bahamas). I thought that she was married in Califonia? Julie you will be missed baby!!!!!! Knock ém dead boo!!!!!!

2. Zelda says

Dear Julie I get up every morning to watch you do the weather. Me and my husband think you are the only normal one on channel 7. Since your recent leave we will be tuning into channel ten. I hope your honeymoon goes great. I hope on another station or somewhere bigger pays you better then stingy 7. To me Viv is too boring. Quite frankly I can’t stand her. Well all the best good luck!

3. E CALLAIS says

4. christian gabriel says

i m gonna miss you julie..i got a bonner every morning while getting the weather..you are very beautiful but omg your husband is super ugly..looks like a big chiwuawua…hahalol…love u …chris..

5. Al Green says

When I stayed at the Miami VA hospital, I saw you on TV for the first time… Everyone there talks (Good) about you.
    My wife & I live in Port St. Lousy (Lucie), there’s not much to look at ( West palm TV) here!

Anyway, Good luck wherever you go!

6. Carol Frame says

OMG. I’m soooo glad she’s gone. I had to change the channel every time she appeared. Her voice was so cloying, her apparel was so disgusting and I don’t know why WSVN ever hired her. I totally agree with “E”.

“E CALLAIS, 5 months ago Reply

couldn’t stand her….always mugging for the camera, so bad I couldn’t stand to watch her..all she wanted to do was look like the little slut that she is, not a good tv weather person..she should stick to modeling, she simply was not believeable on tv,I wanted to watch and hear the weather, not look at some little hottie plus she walked like a cow in her heels. I thought models knew how to walk in heels……..SO GLAD SHE’S GONE, MAYBE NOW I’LL SWITCH BACK TO 7 FOR WEATHER”

Yeah, I agree. Couldn’t stand her. Thank God for the remote so I could change channels when she came on board. Love Jennifer. A delightful change from the arrogant JD. Now I don’t have to change the channel for decent weather reporting. Thanks WSVN!!!!! And don’t give us another JD! Thanks

7. Mr Les says

She is the only weather woman I watch she brighten up my day not to mention the boner