That Boynton Beach Commissioner Marlene Ross emailed photos of herself naked to an ex-lover could be considered foolish to some.
That the lover, Rogelio Vera, is her first cousin makes South Florida sound like Tupelo, Mississippi.
But that Ross picked the 48-year-old Vera — all of people – for her sexual fantasies makes this scandal mindboggling!
Vera, you see, is a convicted felon with an extensive criminal record that includes the possession and sale of cocaine!
Gossip Extra reviewed Vera’s record and found that Vera was arrested at least nine times in Palm Beach County over the past 20 years, and once on a federal drug sale charge!
Just this past May, Vera was picked up for possession of cocaine and driving without a valid license. That case is still pending.
Vera’s record shows:
– Guilty plea for possession of cocaine, 6/26/1991
– Guilty plea for grand theft and order to pay back $47,033.75 to a victim in Pennsylvania, 4/01/1994
– Guilty of cocaine possession, 2/26/1996
– Guilty of driving with a suspended license, September 1996
– Guilty plea for possession of cocaine, 3/13/1997
– Guilty plea for possession of cocaine, 8/13/2010
– Arrested for battery and grand larceny on a victim older than 65, the case was not prosecuted
– Guilty plea for driving with a suspended license, 3/07/2012
Vera, according to county records, is also in the sights of the Internal Revenue Service. Uncle Sam claims Vera owes as much as $313,592.74 in back taxes.
Federal records also show Vera was released from a federal penitentiary in 2007 after a drug conviction.
Neither Ross nor Vera responded to requests for an interview.
Published reports this morning cite records showing that Ross was interviewed by investigators with the State Attorney’s Office about alleged pressures on Ross to vote on certain issues.
Ross told investigators she was afraid lobbyist David Katz would use the photos if she didn’t vote in favor of his pet projects.
Prosecutors, however, decided not to pursue the criminal allegations.
May 24 at 10 : 26 AM 0
May 23 at 13 : 43 PM 0
May 23 at 11 : 16 AM 1
May 23 at 07 : 33 AM 10