Posted by Jose Lambiet , May 3, 2012
Michael Jordan, strolling along Lincoln Road in Miami Beach (Click on the photo for more celebs in SoFla)
Basketball great Michael Jordan‘s dismal ownership of the NBA worst Charlotte Bobcats isn’t his only problem.
Jordan's landing pad at The Bear's Club (click on the photo for more)
A Texas company last week placed a lien on the sprawling house that the six-time Chicago Bulls world champ is having built in Jupiter because some bills on the $20 million-construction aren’t getting paid.
– More of SoFla’s best sports gossip? Click here to register to receive the Gossip Extra dirt alerts
The Dallas-based Southwest Progressive Enterprise, which specializes in fancy stone-wall finishes, claims the six-time world champion has yet to come up with $81,000 to settle the $202,600-contract!
200 K for wall finishes?
Well, Jordan’s new place at golfer Jack Nicklaus’ golf community The Bear’s Club is fairly large, 37,000-square feet large!
The lien filed with the Palm Beach County Clerk of Courts shows the debt has been owed since January, which is about the time he sold his mansion in Chicago for $29 million.
For more on South Florida celebrity real estate:
– Michael Jordan’s airs annoy new neighbors in Jupiter
– Hulk Hogan finally sells his house — but doesn’t get any of the dough!
– Check out the house that costs Rush Limbaugh half a million dollars a year — in taxes
– TV Talker Rosie O’Donnell bails on Miami Beach
– The Rock buys new rock pile near Fort Lauderdale
– Kid Rock buys Jupiter Inlet Colony tear down
– Could Lady Gaga really be moving to Wellington?
– New York’s first daughter sells her Wellington pad
– American Idol judge Jennifer Lopez loses love nest to foreclosure
– We’re not worthy: Bill Gates nixes home purchase in Wellingon
– Bill Gates new neighbors: He’s good for property values
– Internet big Matt Drudge pays $1.4 million cash for new Miami digs
– Desperate Times: Burt Reynolds unloading his Jupiter house at $10 million discount!
– It’s five o’clock somewhere else: Alan Jackson has Florida mansion up for sale
– Ailing Bee Gees’ Robin Gibb puts Miami house up for sale
– Celine Dion’s first Florida house back on the market
– Miami Beach, home to the $35 million-home improvement project
– Country star Alan Jackson decides he’d take less for his small cottage
– Tennis hottie Anna Kournikova unloads her Miami Beach digs
– Bill Gates signs off on $600,000-seasonal rental in Wellington
Broward Miami Palm Beach